Thursday, July 5, 2012

Epic Alaska

I can't even begin to describe how beautiful my time in Alaska was.  From the moment I could see through the clouds, I knew I was in a whole nother world. The way massive snow covered mountains meet the ocean is landscape as I had never seen it before.  We flew into Sitka and took a 55 person boat through Southeast Alaska, up to Glacier Bay and then to Juneau.  Along the way we hiked through untouched and relatively uncharted land scaling waterfalls and walking across mossy logs, under and over the rainforest's growth.  We snorkeled with seals and 30-armed starfish, climbed atop a massive, slowly growing glacier (then slid back down), and took a polar plunge into 36 degree water.  "Epic" is the only word I can use to describe the experience and I am already plotting a road trip back up through Oregon, Washington, and Canada back to Alaska.  











No comments:

Post a Comment